We’ve got a new series coming out, and we’re going all the way back to ancient Sumer! We’re talking about the world’s oldest writing system, which revolutionized communication. Get your clay tablet and your stylus, and join us for: cuneiform!
Here are some of the episodes we have planned:
- I. You’ve Got Mail – The World’s First Writing
- II. Scribewarts Academy – Life as a Scribe in Babylon – RPG episode
- III. Mari Me – continuing our scribal RPG with courtly intrigue in the ancient city of Mari
- IV. The Great Sumerian Bake-off – food, beer, and feasting
- V. 50 Shades of Clay – Erotic Love Poetry of Ancient Sumer
- VI. Business Nuns of Babylon – the Naditum
- VII. Temple Prostitutes – Fact or Fiction?
- VIII. Finale – topic secret!
Image Credit: Rachel Westhoff
Dead Ideas is a podcast delivering history with humor. We explore ideas once believed to be true, but no longer. Each dead idea is explore in all its glorious eccentricity. Listen on iTunes, Stitcher, and other podcast apps, or at deadideas.net.
B. T. Newberg: Since the year 2000, B. T. has been practicing meditation and ritual from a naturalistic perspective. He currently volunteers as Education Director for the Spiritual Naturalist Society, where he created and now teaches an online course in naturalistic spirituality (including Naturalistic Paganism!). His writings can also be found at Patheos and Pagan Square, as well as right here at HP.
He also hosts a podcast called Dead Ideas: The Podcast of Extinct Thoughts and Practices. It explores ideas once believed to be true, but no longer.
Professionally, he was an ESL teacher for 12 years and now works in customer service. After living in Minnesota, England, Malaysia, Japan, and South Korea, he currently resides in Minneapolis, Minnesota, with his wife and cat.
After founding HumanisticPaganism.com in 2011 and serving as managing editor till 2013, he now serves as advising editor, and feels blessed to be a part of this community.