This page compiles resources for activism around sex and gender issues, including equal rights, discrimination, harassment, and so on.
Your help is needed! Please send us your links for this page!
- American Civil Liberties Union (ACLU) – “We work also to extend rights to segments of our population that have traditionally been denied their rights, including Native Americans and other people of color; lesbians, gay men, bisexuals and transgender people; women; mental-health patients; prisoners; people with disabilities; and the poor.”
- Atheism Plus – atheism plus social issues, such as gender issues
- Care2 – addresses gender issues, among other causes
- Change.org – platform for petitions for various causes
- Feminist.com – what Gloria Steinem dubbed “the folks who put the dot-com in feminism”
- Feminist Majority Foundation – founded on the recognition of a Gallop poll that showed 56% of women in America self-identify as feminists, as do many younger men
- Five Practical Ways to Support LGBT Equal Rights – from the LBGTQ Humanists Council
- Girl Effect – devoted to exploring why girls can play a crucial role in solving the most persistent development problems we face in the world today
- Human Rights Campaign – “the largest civil rights organization working to achieve equality for lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender Americans”
- International Planned Parenthood Federation – A “global service provider and a leading advocate of sexual and reproductive health and rights for all”
- LGBTQ Humanist Council – “The purpose of this grassroots network is to cultivate safe, welcoming, and affirming community; to funnel local news and other issues for national dissemination; and to articulate the values of the humanist philosophy and ethics across the country.”
- LGBT Rights – from the Equal Rights Center
- Marriage Equality USA – a volunteer-driven national grassroots organization whose mission is: “To secure legally recognized civil marriage equality for all, without regard to sexual orientation or gender identity, at the state and federal level through grassroots organizing, education, action and partnerships”
- National Organization for Women (NOW) – largest organization of feminist activists in the United States
- Planned Parenthood Federation of America - “delivers vital health care services, sex education, and sexual health information to millions of
women, men, and young people. For more than 90 years, Planned Parenthood has promoted a commonsense approach to women’s health and well-being, based on respect for each individual’s right to make informed, independent decisions about sex, health, and family planning.”
- Rape, Abuse, and Incest National Network (RAINN) – “The nation’s largest anti-sexual assault organization”
- Running Start – dedicated to getting young women interested in politics and leadership
- Skepchick – women’s voices within the Skeptic community
- Ultraviolet – mobilized to fight sexism and expand women’s rights, from politics and government to media and pop culture
Thanks to Heather Wiech for contribution of links to this page.