This page compiles resources for sustainable living and environmental activism.
Your help is needed! Please send us your links for this page!
- Arbor Day Foundation – they “inspire people to plant, nurture, and celebrate trees.”
- Bioregional Quiz – test your knowledge of your local environment with this quiz from Ehoah
- Climate Literacy: Navigating Climate Change Conversations, by Dr. Sarah Burch and Dr. Sara Harris – free course on climate change from Coursera
- National Wildlife Federation – “National Wildlife Federation inspires Americans to protect wildlife for our children’s future”
- Natural Death Centre – environmentally-friendly funeral advice and advocacy, including open-air pyres
- Naturalistic Pantheism – Practices: Path – suggestions for a variety of meditative, educational, and environmental/ethical living practices from a naturalistic pantheist perspective
- Nature Conservancy – “The Nature Conservancy’s mission is to preserve the plants, animals and natural communities that represent the diversity of life on Earth by protecting the lands and waters they need to survive. They have developed a strategic, science-based planning process, called Conservation by Design, which helps us identify the highest-priority places, landscapes and seascapes that, if conserved, promise to ensure biodiversity over the long term. In other words, Conservation by Design allows them to achieve meaningful, lasting conservation results.”
- Parrot Trust - “As a leader in parrot conservation and welfare, the World Parrot Trust works with parrot enthusiasts, researchers, local communities and government leaders to encourage effective solutions that protect parrots.”
- Peregrine Fund – “works nationally and internationally, to conserve birds of prey in nature”
- Phenology Journal – a journal of changes over time in plants and animals in relation to season and climate; might be adapted to track one’s own relationship to nature’s cycles
- The progression of burial and cremation alternatives - article on green burial practices by Antal Polony
- Town Cats – “A Nonprofit, No-Kill Feline Adoption Center/Shelter and Feral Cat Advocacy Organization serving Santa Clara County, California.”