Got kids? Want to raise them in a naturalistic context? Here are some resources to help.
- Born with a Bang – interview with Jennifer Morgan – Morgan gives a podcast interview about her children’s book series on the Big Bang, Born with a Bang.
- Challenges of Family Rituals – this post by John H. Halstead compiles a whole year of his family, child-oriented rituals along with commentary
- Elemental Birthdays – how parents, regardless of how scientific they are, can bring science to their kids in a fun and memorable way, through birthdays; by Jon and Heather Cleland Host.
- Evolutionary Parenting – Gift Ideas – reality-based gifts for kids for the Solstice or other Holidays, by Jon Cleland Host.
- Inspiring Naturalism for Families – podcast interview with Jon Cleland Host about bringing earth-centered, naturalistic Pagan traditions to family and community.
- I Wonder, by Annika Harris – a children’s book that teaches children it’s okay to say “I don’t know.”
- Kids Without God – fun resources for kids, teens, and parents from the American Humanist Association
- Magic of Reality – interview with Richard Dawkins – Dawkins gives a podcast interview about his children’s book The Magic of Reality.
- Naturalistic Paganism – see the files section of this yahoo group, especially those by Jon Cleland Host who devotes special attention to bringing his children into seasonal celebrations
- Pepper’s Special Wings, by Mary Anne Farah and Megan Stiver – a children’s book about evolution
- SciStarter – for both adults and children: take part in science experiments online, outside, or in your own home