“One Cell” by Catherine Podd

March 26, 2014

Today we continue our early spring theme, Inspiration, where we showcase examples of the artistic imagination flowing from the depths of the universe through the minds and hands of Naturalistic Pagans and friends.

For discussion: What feelings does this image evoke? What memories does it cause you to recall? What thoughts do you have about the picture?

The Artist

Catherine Podd: I am a 30 something over-thinker who contemplates our amazing planet and universe every moment possible. Massage Therapist and Reiki Teacher by day, loving mom to a son on the AWEtism spectrum the rest of the time.

7 Comments leave one →
  1. March 26, 2014 7:24 am

Beautiful! This really encapsulates some of my own feelings about Cosmos.

2. March 26, 2014 7:38 am

It seems like a mandala of the natural world to me. Life is flowing out of the center (the vines creeping upward).

3. March 26, 2014 1:38 pm

Thanks, guys! I’m so happy I could be another part (or cell!) of this community :)

• fairypoddmother permalink
      March 26, 2014 1:41 pm

oops….that’s what I get for commenting from work ;) ^

4. March 28, 2014 1:49 pm

It makes me want to break out some crayons or pencils and get to coloring. Perhaps I will do so with my daughter this weekend.

• March 28, 2014 2:07 pm

Me too. My daughter would love this. I hope Catherine doesn’t mind.

• Cathy Podd permalink
        March 28, 2014 2:52 pm

Totally don’t mind! My son and I draw a lot of mandalas at home. It’s extremely meditative. :)